Monday, November 15

Quilting Blocks and Finishes

My quilting group is meeting again tonight, and I just realized I hadn't posted about the last group. Here are the black and white blocks that were finished:


Don't they look fabulous together? Some of the black and white fabrics are dizzying! Mine are the 6 in the middle row. I expect there will be a few more finished tonight, as we were each to make 6 blocks. I wanted to finish mine early, and it's a good thing I did, as I didn't do much sewing with my sprained ankle.

Do you remember the Ugly blocks from last year? Here is what Anne has done with them:


It's amazing when they are all together (but separated with the brown sashing) how good they look! A lot of ugly can add up to something beautiful! Anne took an old commercially quilted bedspread for the batting and the backing--she just machine quilted her quilt top right onto the back of the bedspread, and made a wonderful recycled quilt. This quilt will be donated to MCC and used in their blanket program.

2 comments:

  1. wowo........those black, blue and white quilt blocks are stunning!! i just love that color combination (or really anything with black and white!). and while i didn't think your "ugly quilt" was ever ugly, i love the way it looks now with the sashing between the blocks.....fabulous!
    oxox, :))

    p.s. just saw your previous post about the travel journal.....boy that kind of stuff makes my blood boil! i was not familiar with the socialmention site.....i gonna muster up some courage and check into it......thanks for the info laura!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I agree that anything with black and white looks stunning, especially a bright colour. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't find any surprises if you check out the socialmention site.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.