Well I didn't go to the quilting retreat this past weekend, but I have been doing some quilting. I made progress on the Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt for my youngest daughter.
After cutting all the nine patch blocks into quarters, they were all laid out on the living room floor. C wanted a totally random arrangement, so daughter S helped us out looking for unacceptable arrangements of colour and patterns. It was tough, but being random also means it's also never going to be "perfect."
I think this was the final arrangement, agreed upon by all the consultants. If the two kids agree, I know it's a good place to stop! Next we had to label all the blocks by row and block number, so I wouldn't mix them up when stitching them together.
I've sewn the blocks in each row together and my next step is to sew all the rows together to complete the quilt top. Stay tuned!