Monday, September 12

Guest placemats

After making 4 placemats for the family (which you can see here and here and here), which we use every day, it was suggested by this same family that I make more placemats for when we have company (most often a friend or two of the kids). I caved, and here are the first two placemats for guests:

fronts
backs
They're all made from fabrics I already had. The strip piecing is an easy and fun way to make a simple quilt design. And here's the rainbow of placemats we have on our table:


The kids say there is still room in the rainbow for a lighter/brighter green, and a dark blue, and a pink, and......

4 comments:

  1. I love them. I just might need to make some placemats for our house too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW look at those apples! lovely!!

    Great placemats too!

    mmm yay a new blog for me to add to my list! I'll put you on my blog roll. i have a Canadian blog list down at the bottom of my blog.

    Yeah!
    ~Monika
    Stitching in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Monika! Nice to meet another prairie girl here!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.