Thursday, January 14

The Elephants Go Marching!

I was asked by a friend if I could make a book, any style, any colour, with elephants. I'm up to a challenge, and I knew I had some suitable materials to use. I actually ended up making three different books, and she will have to choose.

This is one I had made prior to her request. It's a little photo album with handmade paper from India on the cover, and locally made handmade papers from Botanical Paperworks:
















Recently, I couldn't resist picking up this unloved book at a local thrift shop. The covers were perfect for one of my Rebound Journals:
















And thirdly, I had a leftover piece of this great elephant print quilting fabric from when I made these pillow cases last year. I made my own bookcloth with it, and used it to cover recycled bookboard for this little book:
















I'm curious to see which one she will choose! Which one would you choose?

6 comments:

  1. Ooo! I love of all of these. I think the thrifted cover is my favorite. I love elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What luck that you happened to have all of that elephanty goodness! I think they're all super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. who could possibly choose?!! they're ALL fabulous!!
    :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katy, Monica, and Lori for stopping by and leaving your encouraging comments! I am quite happy with each of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would pick the first or second, but they're all terrific! Great work.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.