Monday, 30 June 2014

Unfinished projects

I've dug out some unfinished projects this week. First off, my batik quilt is so close to being finished!


Today I added the final border around the edges. All it needed was a simple 2.5" strip of the dark green fabric all the way around for the top to be finished.


Here is the finished top, doing a practice run on the bed it will grace when finished. The colours are so brilliant, I can't wait to have it finished!

Now I have to decide what to do for the back. I haven't thought about it until now, so I'm collecting a few ideas on a new Pinterest board Quilt Backs.


Right now I'm waffling between a colour blocked back, using the leftover pieces from the front, or purchasing a coordinating fabric that has similar colours, and doing a strip of squares from the front across it. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love that quilt-top! How about wide, deep strips of each of the colours from the front, in stripes, so that you can reverse the quilt for a change-up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie! And thanks for the suggestion! I'm not sure how much of each fabric I have left, so I'll lay them out and see what might work.

      Delete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.