Quilt Retreat

Well, I am busy preparing for the 3 craft sales that I'm doing in the next 10 days, but I needed a break to think about something different. So this blog post is brought to you by the Strip Piecers Quilting Retreat that was held recently. My quilting group went to this cabin again, and it's just the right size for us.


There were seven of us, and we set up 5 tables downstairs and two in the loft. I'm still working on my batik quilt, but I'm making good progress. I know I started it almost 4 years ago, but to be fair, I started and finished this one for daughter S and this one for daughter C in between, and also finished this one. It's always the case that things you make for yourself get pushed aside for others.


My task for the weekend was to get all those blocks sewn together to finish the quilt top. And I did succeed! Here it is (ignore those white squares--they were just keeping my blocks in the right order before they were sewn together):


I have one more border to sew around the entire top, and then the top will be done! The end is near...

I wasn't the only one working on older projects there. Karen was working on her There's a Square in There Quilt. Love those yellow quilting gloves!


And Janice was making progress on her snowflake window quilt:


New projects included Audrey's quilts for her granddaughters:


Kathy's placemats for a fundraising event:


Brenda's geometric placemats:


And Cheryl's pieced triangles and diamonds (love those colours!):


It was a great weekend getaway, even if the power went out on Saturday night due to a snowstorm, and the highway was closed the next day until early afternoon when we were set to leave! The camp manager assured us that we could stay an extra night if we needed and nobody would have refused that offer if we couldn't get home!

Comments

  1. thanks for the great pictures of a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful write up and pictures. I love your colour combinations Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, it is so good seeing you girls in action!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.

Popular Posts