Bookboard Surprise


When you work mainly with recycled materials like I do, once in a while you find a little surprise. For my map/travel journals, I recycle bookboard from unwanted books for the covers. Sometimes I pick up a few covers at my local ArtsJunktion, a place to pick up some great supplies for free! They have stacks of book covers with the insides already removed, like these:


After I cut off the spine and peeled off the bookcloth, look what I found:


My guess is that the person who made that navy bookcloth was a recycler too, and used some advertising posters as the backing. Isn't that hilarious?

Comments

  1. That's quite a surprise! Even funnier that it's for laxative, I'm sure that brightened your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did! I wonder if the person making the bookcloth ever thought that they would be found out?

      Delete
  2. OMG! That is so exciting. And what a great story to tell about how the book you were making has now been upcycled TWICE! Fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think it's fantastic! Can't wait to find more surprises!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.

Popular Posts