Me Made March: Week 4

So we're 3/4 of the way through March, and I'm participating in Me Made March by challenging myself to wear something handmade or thrifted each day. I'm posting each week how I did. You can see how I did in the first week here, the second week here and the third week here. The whole idea is to connect with the clothing and accessories you choose to wear, making a conscious decision to support local designers and artists of all kinds.


Here's how I did this week:
March 19: Handknit mobius scarf, made by my sister. You can find the pattern here on Ravelry.
            20: Handmade vest from Etsy.
            21: Thrifted shoes.
            22: Thrifted cashmere sweater and necklace locally made by Julrei.
            23: T-shirt from Threadless (hey, that's almost handmade!) and thrifted denim shirt
            24: Fused glass necklace by local artist Jolanta Sokalska
            25: Handmade watchband from Etsy. Just discovered today that you can buy similar  beaded watchbands, but locally made, at the Closet Chick.

So there's six more days to March--I just might pull this off! To see more of what local folks are doing for Me Made March, check out local shop and handmade enthusiast, Sew Dandee's facebook event here. And if you want to see what people around the world are doing, just google "me made march 2013."

Comments

Popular Posts