Coiled Mats Progression, Step 5


It's been a little while since I posted about progressing in design with my coiled items. You can go back to the earlier posts by clicking here. I started with round mats, then oval, and then went smaller with coasters. After that, I worked my way up to make bowls and baskets.


Then I started playing with variations in handles and other features I haven't blogged specifically about yet.


Next, I started playing around with oval baskets, which are a little trickier because it's not a continuous rhythm of sewing like a circle once you're working in a third dimension. I do find the repetitive stitching of my coiled items to be very meditative though.


Now I've added a new type of handle, adding a separate strip, coiled and stitched together, then stitched onto the basket. Introducing my new Easter Basket style:


I've sewn the straps on to the sides and added vintage buttons for embellishment.

What do you think?

Comments

  1. The Easter baskets are really cute! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baskets! It's so neat to see your progression. They are all looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey! Documenting the progression is a good way to show yourself how far you've come too!

      Delete
  3. Super cute, these Easter baskets are ADORABLE! I love the button detail on the sides!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.

Popular Posts