Friday, September 21

T-shirt Yarn Rug Progress

It's been a few months since I've posted any pictures of my T-shirt Yarn Rug in progress. I didn't work on it much over the summer. It's getting pretty heavy, and it was too hot to have on my lap while knitting!


It now measures 89 cm (35")!

T-shirt count: 41.


Here's another close-up of the linen knitting stitch I'm using. I'm using totally random colours of t-shirts, with more frequent rows of black, white and grey because I just have more of those colours.

6 comments:

  1. This is so fantastic! I love watching the progress :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tawny! At this rate, it'll probably take another year to finish...

      Delete
  2. I have been thinking of doing a similar project -- so far, I have two t-shirts... I may have to go begging to friends and relatives for old t-shirts... I think it is to be a long time project... love how yours is progressing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two t-shirts is enough to start! Make sure you ask for t-shirts that don't have side seams. They are much better for cutting into a continuous strip of yarn.

      Delete
  3. How do you make these?
    Reuben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reuben,
      It's knit with yarn made from old tshirts.

      Delete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.