Monday, February 27

Thrifty Finds

Among a few "necessary" errands today, I found time to stop by ArtsJunktion and my local Goodwill thrift store to see what was new, and they didn't disappoint me.


At ArtsJunktion I came away with a wall map of Canada, two survey maps of northern Saskatchewan and Alberta, a roll of Kraft paper, a roll of rice paper, a stack of new file folders, a couple of cardboard boxes for shipping books, a wooden box to redecorate for craft sale use, a pile of sketching and charcoal pencils for my kids, a Trivial Pursuit game board, a stack of canvases for the kids to repaint and a pile of cotton fabrics. Not bad for free, eh?


My local Goodwill thrift shop offered me some linens/garments/fabric to repurpose, a couple of vintage books with great covers and a wooden fork. I seem to be drawn to bright colours lately--maybe a sign that I've had enough of winter?

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! King on a Swing is amazing. I really need to go to Arts Junktion don't I??? Srsly. I have such an awful Goodwill addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I had to restrain myself at ArtsJunktion only because I only plugged my parking meter for one hour! It's a great place to explore and discover things! The best part of A King on a Swing is that he's wearing high heeled shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great finds! artsjunktion is so addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, it's a good thing their hours are so limited, otherwise I'd probably move in!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.