On my Worktable

As I mentioned in my last post, I've got several custom orders on the go right now. Two travel journals are complete and waiting for a local buyer to pick them up later this week. For three others, I've been gluing covers and cutting large papers down for the pages.....


...and I'm really loving my new teflon Folding T-Rib that I received for Christmas. It's great for folding heavier pages and signatures like I'm using here.


Tonight I'm starting (and finishing if I'm lucky!) sewing these books together. They're coming together nicely. I'm also liking the feel of my new teflon bone folder for burnishing the signatures as I sew. I've never used teflon tools before, but I like the weight and feel, plus they don't mark your paper like real bone can. What's your favourite tool in your toolbox?

Comments

  1. I've been thinking about getting that exact bone folder, but it's a bit pricey and I feel guilty. Do you really like it? I have a regular teflon bone folder and like it very much. But this one is really tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful gift! I've had one of those Teflon folding ribs for years and love it. I have clumsy achy hands, and it makes folding heavier papers and signatures easier. And it doesn't mark your papers, of course. I actually wound up with two eventually--one has somewhat sharper edges than this one. But I like the one that looks like yours better. I still use a regular bone folder frequently too. They each have their place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a tool I've never heard of! always love your workbench posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannine, I do like both of them. Like anything new, it takes a little time to get used to it, but so far so good!

    Ellen, you are so right--the right tool for the right job! My other bone folders have sharper edges, which is why like you I like this one for folding this heavier drawing paper.

    Ah, Ruth, I love learning about jeweler's tools too! I'm always fascinated by "how did she do that?" And knowing how makes me appreciate the effort all the more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.

Popular Posts