Sunday, October 30

Just Off my Needles

As the cold is setting in in Manitoba, my eldest daughter is very happy that I finished knitting her some mittens today. I did volunteer to make them, although I think she keeps a list of ways to keep from spending her clothing allowance on necessities like mitts, and "have mom make them" would near the top of the list!


She wanted an all-over cable pattern and a colour that would go with both her brown parka and red fall jacket. I used this All-Over-Cable-Mittens pattern from Kari's Crafts, which I found through Ravelry. I used some brown acrylic yarn that I had in my stash, knitting 2 strands together to get the right gauge.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely pattern - that is gorgeous! I'm sure your efforts are appreciated. Brownie Points to Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I think once I finish off this blanket I have really gotta hunker down and start a more ambitious knitting project (i.e., one that isn't a square or rectangle).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emily, Lizzie, Ashley and Erin! It's nice that I can still make something for my teenager that she'll wear! Erin, mitts are actually pretty easy, but you probably don't want to start with cables.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.