Tuesday, January 4

A few gifts

Now that Christmas has passed, I can show pics of a couple of gifts recently given. I absolutely love the covers of this book, and it was hard to give it away. I made this journal for my 20 year old nephew--I hope he will find a use for a blank book. His favourite colour is orange.


You can't read the title of the book very well here--it is "The Snake Gets All the Lines," embossed on the lime green covers in orange ink. Not bad for 1960, eh? And isn't that a fabulous title for a journal?


This next one was made for a new baby. I was hesitant to give it, since I don't know the parents real well. I shouldn't have worried though--they were instantly pleased, and knew it would be used to write letters to their growing son.


It was made from a book of Paddington Bear stories, perfect for a little one.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE both of those! I have a soft spot in my heart for Paddington. Excellent gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lucky people, to receive such wonderful presents! I love them both. "The Snake Gets All the Lines" is a cool title for a journal - I hope your nephew really appreciated all your hard work.
    The Paddington book cover is so sweet for a new baby gift. I have to make a book for a new baby boy - I was going to make a scrap book... maybe I will make a journal instead. His parents would probably like to use it for him. Thanks for the excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.