Weekend Worktable


My goal this weekend is to get started on a new knitting project. Winter has struck with a vengeance here in Manitoba, and temperatures have plunged to "risk of frostbite" very suddenly. My eldest is turning 14 on Monday, and needs a new hat that will be acceptable for high school. So when she pointed out a cable knit earflap hat that another girl was wearing as something she would wear, I offered to knit one for her (I really hate shopping), provided we could find a free pattern and some usable yarn from my stash.

After an online search for free patterns revealed something almost acceptable, I decided to join Ravelry and see what this site had to offer. In their words, "Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, weavers and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, project and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration." I must say, after just a short time there, it is amazing. It seems well organized and I like the idea of keeping a notebook of work in progress and patterns you want to try.


And we found a hat pattern that she liked! Hopefully I'll have enough yarn and we'll get this going shortly!

Comments

Popular Posts