My eldest daughter, S, has decided it is time to redecorate her room. By the end of summer, gone will be the pink walls and curtains, and the Noah's Ark quilt I made for her when she was only 2! If she has her way, the walls will be a dark purple (eggplant? plum?), and she has made a special request for a new quilt.
It looks quite random, but there is actually quite a bit of organization to get all the blocks to fit together! I'm working with purples, greens, and blues, and in a fairly random manner, cutting strips without measuring and mixing the colours all up. All the fabric is in a big bin, and I choose a few fabrics, without too much analyzing, for each square as I go along. Some are quite bold and busy, and there are a few novelty fabrics thrown in, all with the approval of my 13 year old.
I've finished making all the larger blocks (12", 10", and 8") and now have many many small blocks to sew! Here are some of the finished blocks, in no particular order:
My goal is to have the top pieced by the end of the summer, and then decide if I will send it out to someone with a longarm machine to have it quilted.