Saturday, February 20

Books with Bags

I've been stitching a few books with fabric covers and matching bags. The bag keeps your journal safe and private. I like working with either linen or cotton fabrics. It's not hard to find lovely thrifted  fabrics--check out the clothing and housewares sections for loads of usable fabrics!

The first two I made were for gifts:










I used a linen/cotton skirt for this set.
















Two linen place mats provided the fabric for this set.


But this new one is now available in my Etsy shop:










For this set I used a linen dress with a subtle floral print.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work, Laura!

    I love the organic look and texture of linen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book bag is a brilliant and beautiful idea! My poor journal is beaten and abused because I just throw it in my purse without any protection. I love your ideas and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, Ashley, and Sarah thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.