I am so ready for a relaxing weekend! This week was busy as I started and completed a custom order for 25 beaded two-section notebooks and 25 matchbook notebooks. The order was only confirmed on Monday, and was ideally to be completed by today, Friday. Luckily my evenings weren't too busy this week, and I could devote my time after work to this project.
Taking an order like this gives a great sense of satisfaction, but its also a great learning experience. What did I learn?
1. How to work efficiently in an assembly line fashion
2. There are certain tools that I could not manage without, like my Scor-it Board and my paper cutter
3. Make extra as I'm likely to mess up at least one along the way
4. Have fun with colour combinations
5. I can get a lot more done if I have a deadline
6. Don't be afraid to take on a new challenge
7. Not to feel guilty about my supply stash--I didn't have to run to the store before diving in to this project!
It was a good feeling to be able to hand these over to my local buyer today. I was able to meet the deadline and she was very pleased with the results.
Now I'll have to make a few more for my shop.....