More Signs of Spring

Here are a few more pictures I took when I was out walking yesterday.

The creek in our neighborhood is starting to melt. When the ice breaks, it is a swiftly flowing body of water overflowing its banks at least up to those trees on the left.



The Canada Geese are back for the summer.



I love the sound of water running in spring. It means the snow is melting and soon there will be buds on the trees and little green sprouts all around. To me, it's as lovely as hearing the birds singing.



This morning when I arrived at work a little boy looked at the huge lake in the parking lot and had one word to say: "Wicked!" Some of us are happy to see the water flowing in to the drains, although splashing about in rubber boots at this time of year is a lot of fun!

Comments

  1. it looks like you live in a beautiful area (although, maybe too cold for my floridian blood!). wearing rubber boots and splashing around in that parking lot lake sounds pretty wicked to me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what delightful photos! i particularly like the one of the down spout with water running into the hole in the ice. so glad you came to visit my blog so i could find you and your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.

Popular Posts