Crafting with Kids



Like mother, my daughter needs to make things, and when the need comes, I do my part to help her along. This week, the need was for a monster Ipod case, for which she found this tutorial online. Ipods are a lot smaller than when this tutorial was published, so that made everything tinier and a little more finicky. After 2 failed attempts ("learning experiences") with the fabric circle and the mylar window, with more hand sewing and less by machine than anticipated, she now has a monster in her pocket:



One of the great benefits of crafting with my kids, is that they are always pushing the limits, which stretches my creativity as well.

Comments

  1. very cute, and brave, since fun fur isn't always fun to work with. I'm cleaning with my kids today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...this is SO cute (i want one!!)! like mother, like daughter is right...she did a fabulous job on this! :)

    p.s. thanks again for including my journal in your B.E.S.T. treasury...it sold this evening! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    Thanks for the heads up on the Facebook puzzle :o) I think it's time to add watermarks to my photos as that's the second time this week that someone has used that exact photo without permission. Thanks for watching out for me!
    Hugs, Laurraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious. I was at the CCC with Dan today and he told me about your crafting when I mentioned that the CCC needs a guestbook (Can we commission your talents?!) . . . I tried to send you an email but it bounced back, so maybe I jotted it down wrong. (try me at eringreenster@gmail.com?)

    I am a repurposer to the very core of my being. Nice work, sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.

Popular Posts