Procrastination

I have a million and one things to do in my studio, but today I went toboganning with the kids and made these, a favourite in our family:



Double Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies

3 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
white or semi-sweet chocolate chips

Microwave chocolate in small bowl on medium power for 2 minutes. Cool. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and melted chocolate. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Shape dough into 1" (2.5 cm) balls; roll in additional sugar.

Place on ungreased baking sheets. Use handle of wooden spoon or your thumb to make deep indentations in centre of each ball. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 8-10 minutes, or until set.

Place a few chocolate chips in centre of each warm cookie. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

Comments

  1. oh yeah, the studio can wait...time with your family and a batch of warm cookies, what could be better?! these look de-lish! i'm so glad i decided to keep chocolate in my diet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.

Popular Posts