Tuesday, December 9

A Little House Notebook

What would you make for a handmade gift exchange among fellow book artists who have way more experience making books than you? Basically the criteria were "small" and "handmade", so nothing too extravagant. I chose to make a little house book--kind of a cross between my travel journals and my little house from the prairie cards. It's the same size as my cards (11.5 x 8 cm) with pages of recycled paper fussy cut in the shape of the house. The covers are made with a map of downtown Winnipeg, with a little wooden button doorknob added for closure.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool little book. And awesome treasury :-) question, how do you get the "screen shot"? Probably a dumb, question...but I never learned. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. Currently I'm able to do the screen shots with "ctrl + print screen" then pasting it in to irfanview and saving it as an image. If that doesn't work, there are lots of "add-ons" you can download to work with whatever software you are using. Try doing a google search for "screen shots". There are also some forum threads on Etsy that have covered this topic--you might find it helpful to search through some old threads. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.