A Handmade Tree

For me it is so meaningful each year when we put up the Christmas tree and adorn it with our growing collection of handmade ornaments. Each one has a special meaning and the tradition of unwrapping a hanging each decoration evokes fond memories of the creator of each ornament.

My friend Michelle made a little knitting basket ornament for each of the girls a few years ago. The needles are toothpicks with bead ends.


My friend Anne painted this ornament for S for her first Christmas. Anne does very beautiful tole painting and has her own business, Brambleberry Treasures.


My brother Barry made this charming wooden Christmas tree.


My sister Karen has made many cross-stitched ornaments over the years.


My sister Donna lives in Austria, and made traditional Austrian beeswax ornaments one year.

Comments

Popular Posts