Thursday, July 10

Girls' sewing night

I've been on holidays from work this week. Just home with my girls as my husband still had to work. We've been out swimming, biking, to a museum and the zoo, and tomorrow we're going strawberry picking! Yumm! Tonight was time for creativity: girls' night in the sewing room.

My oldest, S, wanted to cut off a pair of jeans into shorts, and alter them. She was inspired by her older cousin, who altered this pair of jeans:

She sketched her fashion design...

...picked several green fabrics from my stash, and has been doing all the cutting, pinning, sewing and ironing herself. Here's her work in progress:

While S was sewing, my youngest, C, and I worked on another project. She needed a tote bag to carry her new sketchbooks in. And again, not making it easy for mom, chose to have it made out of ties, like her sister, S had made. S chose multi-coloured ties, and did quite a bit of the sewing herself.


From a bag of thrift store cast offs (nobody buys them!), she chose 12 ties in the blues:


And this is how far we got tonight:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.